Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
Acute Rehab at Hunt Regional Medical Center
Inpatient (or acute) rehabilitation provides opportunities for recovery like no other outpatient or skilled nursing facility can offer. This type of intensive therapy helps patients regain strength, improve mobility, perform activities of daily living independently, and return home if possible.
Hunt Regional Medical Center's Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit offers comfortable, private rooms designed to maximize each patient’s rehab potential. Our program includes:
- An interdisciplinary team of professionals
- A team approach to maximize the individual's recovery and functional status
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy six days a week
- Licensed physical, occupational and speech therapists
- A minimum of 3 hours of therapy a day
- 24-hour nursing care
- Returning home as the desired goal
- Activities of daily living to help prepare for return home
- A home evaluation for safety and physical challenges
- Weekly team conferences
- Patient and family training
- On-site pre-admission screening
- Admission that can stem from the hospital, home or other facility
Individualized Treatment Plans
The events and conditions that bring patients to our Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit change their lives forever.
We work closely with every patient to help them regain all that they can to resume functional daily living. Our patients will work hard, but the effort will be worth it. We keep our patients focused on their recovery goals.
Because each person is unique, our dedicated team individualizes every patient’s care, taking into consideration that everyone has different needs and progresses at a different pace.
At Hunt Regional Healthcare, we are dedicated to helping patients get past the hurdles and back to their lives—returning to work, family, active retirement, or independent living.
Advantages of Inpatient Rehab
Admission to our inpatient program has several advantages for patients, some of which include:
- A shorter hospital stay
- Significantly better and longer lasting outcomes
- The ability to return to home
- Cost savings
To Make a Referral
Referrals can be initiated by physicians, patients and their families; discharge planners; and allied health professionals.
We invite you to contact the program director at the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit to discuss our services, code of ethics, mission, and philosophy as well as to arrange a tour of the unit.
Our program director or case coordinator will contact you immediately about the viability of admission for your referral. They can tell you if your patient has the potential for admission based on their diagnosis and functional need. Together, we can help your patient recover and achieve as much independence as possible.
If you believe a patient may benefit from our rehabilitation services, please phone us. A member of our staff will perform a screening at no charge. If it is determined that the patient is not a candidate for inpatient rehabilitation, alternate resources will be discussed.
Call today at 903-408-1737 or 903-408-1740.