To take this quick assessment, simply read through and answer the five questions below. If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you may be at risk for venous disease, and it is recommended that you consult a physician.
1. Do you have bulging varicose veins?
Varicose veins are typically found on the legs, and are blood vessels that have become swollen or twisted. Look for veins that are dark blue in color and stick out on your skin.
2. Do you experience any of the following vein symptoms?
- Leg pain or swelling
- Burning or itching skin
- Heavy, tired, or restless legs
- Skin discolorations
- Open ulcers on legs
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Leg cramps
- Blood clots
3. Have any family members had varicose veins or been treated for vein disorders?
4. Do you sit or stand for long periods of time?
5. Have you had multiple pregnancies?
*This self-assessment is not a substitute for medical advice and care from your physician. Please see your physician if you have leg pain, numbness or discomfort.