Hunt Regional Liver Center in Greenville
Treatment Program for Hepatitis C and Other Common Liver Diseases
Hunt Regional Healthcare and Hunt Regional Medical Partners are pleased to announce the opening of a comprehensive liver disease treatment program in Greenville - Hunt Regional Liver Center.
In addition to providing a Hepatitis C program,
our Liver Center also focuses on the treatment of other common diseases such as fatty liver
and non-alcoholic cirrhosis.
Learn more about Hepatitis C, below:
Key Hepatitis C Facts
Did you know that Baby Boomers are at great risk for Hep C? Here are some additional facts you should know about this common liver disease:
- 75% of people in the U.S. with Hep C were born between 1945 and 1965.
- Hep C is a virus that infects the liver. If left untreated, Hep C can cause liver damage and even lead to liver cancer.
- Each year, more Americans die from Hep C than from HIV.
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends all Baby Boomers get tested for Hep C.
- If you have Hep C, it can be cured.
Risk factors for Hepatitis C
You might be at higher risk for Hep C if you:
- Were born between 1945 and 1965.
- Received blood transfusions, an organ transplant or kidney dialysis before 1992.
- Received tattoos or body piercings with unsterilized instruments.
- Shared needles or straws for recreational drug use (even just one time).
- Had an accidental needle stick (most common in healthcare professionals).
- Are a Vietnam-era veteran.
- Were born to a mother with Hep C.
If even one of these risk factors applies to you, you may be at risk. Talk to your doctor about getting the Hep C test, or visit one of our Hunt Regional Lab Solutions locations
to be tested today.
Hunt Regional Liver Center
4501 Joe Ramsey Blvd., Ste. 105
Greenville, TX 75401
Hunt Regional Lab Solutions
Greenville, Commerce, Quinlan, Emory, Sulphur Springs