Ways to Give to Hunt Regional
Hunt Regional Healthcare Foundation gratefully accepts donations of cash, tangible personal property, securities, real estate, and life insurance from individuals, businesses, organizations, hospital staff and our community at large. Learn more below about each of the options for donating to Hunt Regional.
Outright gifts – usually gifts of cash from current assets – are the most common ways to make a donation to Hunt Regional. This is one way to express your appreciation for the care that you or a loved one received during a hospitalization or simply to ensure that our hospital district will continue to have the resources to provide superior medical care in northeast Texas for future needs.
Unrestricted gifts to the Annual Fund are especially beneficial as they allow the Foundation to use them when and where the need is most urgent.
Gifts may also be restricted, or earmarked for specific projects or equipment as specified by the donor. You may designate a specific clinical program or department (like the Cancer Center or the Maternity Center) as the recipient of your gift.
Printable Donation Form (PDF)
Pay tribute to a friend, loved one, colleague, physician, or other healthcare provider with a gift in their honor or memory.
- Honor gifts can be a distinctive way to recognize someone celebrating an important milestone like a birthday, anniversary, or special achievement.
- Memorial gifts are designed to commemorate those who have passed on.
A memorial gift may be earmarked for a specific program or department or be given as an unrestricted gift.
You may also establish a named endowment that would bear the name of the person you wish to honor, making them forever a part of our healthcare community.
Printable Donation Form (PDF)
The Hunt Regional Healthcare Foundation accepts gifts of real estate or tangible personal property.
- Personal Property: Donate books, artwork, fine jewelry, an automobile or other valuable personal assets. Donations are tax deductible
- Real Property: To discuss the donation of residential or commercial property contact the Foundation office at 903.408.1068
- Securities: A gift of appreciated securities, including stocks, mutual funds, and closely held stocks, allows you to avoid capital gains tax and receive a tax deduction for the fair market value of the stock at the time of the donation. It's easy – just transfer the securities from a brokerage account or send them directly to the Foundation.
Perpetuate your own or someone else's name or, in some cases, the name of a company or organization. By making the required donation, you can name a patient room or clinical suite at one of our hospitals. Other naming opportunities are available. Review current naming opportunities.
Help secure our legacy of care for the future by including the Foundation in your estate planning.
Planned gifts can be made by including a bequest in your will or by designating the Foundation as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
Some planned gifts can provide current tax advantages while helping you effectively distribute your assets after your death. Through a charitable trust or charitable gift annuity, you can make a substantial contribution to the Foundation, receive income for life, and receive a charitable tax deduction.
Planned gifts include:
- Life Insurance: Name the Foundation as owner of beneficiary of a life insurance policy. You can fund a future and deduct the premium by making us the beneficiary on a new policy. A paid up policy can be given to the Foundation.
- Bequests: Include the Foundation in your will without affecting our cash flow during your lifetime. You can make a charitable gift and benefit from significant tax savings at the same time. We will provide you or your attorney the correct language to include us in your will.
Please consult your attorney, certified public accountant (CPA), or financial advisor if you are considering a planned gift.
Make a Donation to the Hunt Regional Healthcare Foundation
Thank you for helping us build a healthy future for the people of Hunt County. If you would like to make a donation online, please access our submission form through our Make a Donation page. You may also choose to:
Donate by phone:
Make a credit card contribution by calling 903.408.1068.
Donate by mail:
Print and complete the mail-in contribution form (PDF) and include it with your check. Make your check payable to Hunt Regional Healthcare Foundation. For tribute gifts, please list the name of the person you wish to honor on the memo line of your check.
Mail to: Hunt Regional Healthcare Foundation
P.O. Drawer 1059
Greenville, TX 75403-1059
Because the Hunt Regional Healthcare Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) tax exempt organization as determined by the IRS, your gift to the Foundation will be tax deductible to the full extent permitted by law.